- 1 cup butter, softened (If you put it in the microwave, make sure that the power isn't set on high. Otherwise, the butter will melt completely, and your cookies will be flat. 50% for 30-40 sec. is good.)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (I use a little more than this...)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes a little over 4 dozen.
These cookies are no-fail for me! I have made them several times with no burning or any horrible consequences. They stay moist for several days, but just make sure that if you leave them out, put them in a Ziploc bag or something. These are amazing... I think I'm going to make some soon!
Think sweet thoughts! :)