Anyway, that's a long enough of an intro. Here's what I do to make the staple of any meal: baked potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Scrub potatoes under running water with a vegetable scrubber (I just got a new one, and it's great!) Make sure to have at least one potato per person.
- Take a fork and puncture the potatoes in a couple places
- Pour some oil (I use olive oil) in a Ziploc bag, enough to lightly coat the potatoes
- If desired, sprinkle some garlic salt on the potatoes
- Place potatoes directly on center rack in preheated oven
- Bake for about 1 hour until potato skins are slightly wrinkly and the potatoes reach desired softness
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy as a side to chicken or steak, or as a dinner by itself