- 3 T butter
- 3/4 C chopped onions (I just chop up half of a medium-sized onion.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I use a few shakes of garlic powder.)
- 1 1/2 C diced chicken
- 1 1/2 C sliced carrots
- 1/3 C fresh parsley (if you have it; it'll work just fine if you don't)
- 3/4 t tarragon (or rosemary)
- 1/4 t black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 3/4 C chicken broth (1 can)
- 1 3/4 t lemon juice
- 1/2 pkg. pasta
- 2 T flour
- 2 T water
- Melt butter in a 4-quart saucepan; add onion and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, carrots, parsley, tarragon and pepper; cook until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add 2-1/2 cups water, chicken broth and lemon juice; bring to a rapid boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Blend flour with remaining 2 tablespoons water; gradually add flour mixture to chicken mixture, stirring until mixture is smooth and thickened.
I would suggest adding more salt if desired, as well as other spices. I've added more pepper, basil, Italian seasoning, etc., with success. Enjoy! :)