- 1 (2 pound) pork shoulder roast (doesn't have to be exactly 2 pounds; I made it with an almost 3 pounder)
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- Place the pork in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. (I left mine on low for about 9 hours, and it turned out just fine. I think it depends on how much root beer you put over the top) Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.
This is some deeelicious pulled pork. Serve with oven-baked potato wedges or other potatoes and corn.
p.s. You'll have plenty of leftovers. ;)
Adapted from this recipe at allrecipes.com