Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu

It doesn't really photograph well . . .
I was surprised how much this tasted like the real deal. It was super quick and easy, so try it out. I would give it about 3.75 stars. We served it over rice, but I'm sure it would be good over egg noodles too.







Ingredients
  • 1 T butter
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1/4 C chicken broth
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 C shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1/2 C diced ham
  • 1/2 C Italian cheese blend (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • few dashes of garlic powder
Directions
  1. Cook chicken in butter over medium-high heat until browned. Remove chicken; set aside.
  2. Glaze pan with chicken broth. Add soup, ham, cheese, garlic powder; stir together; heat to boiling, stirring often to avoid burning.
  3. Add chicken; stir. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Add salt and pepper if necessary.
  4. Serve over rice or egg noodles
Makes 4 servings

Adapted from this recipe from allrecipes.com.

Some notes:
I just used sliced deli ham Swiss that I cut up and mixed in. It was cheaper that way. I used 6 slices of Swiss and about 6 slices of ham. The original recipe calls for white wine instead of chicken broth. I didn't have any wine, so the chicken broth worked fine for me. If you have white grape juice, you could substitute that, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...