Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chicken Tarragon (or Rosemary)

I love making this dish, and I have my mother-in-law to thank for that. She introduced me to it, and it's a great go-to recipe for a dinner that looks great but doesn't take a ton of effort.

Ingredients

  • 3 T butter
  • 3/4 C chopped onions (I just chop up half of a medium-sized onion.)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced (I use a few shakes of garlic powder.)
  • 1 1/2 C diced chicken
  • 1 1/2 C sliced carrots
  • 1/3 C fresh parsley (if you have it; it'll work just fine if you don't)
  • 3/4 t tarragon (or rosemary)
  • 1/4 t black pepper (or to taste)
  • 1 3/4 C chicken broth (1 can)
  • 1 3/4 t lemon juice
  • 1/2 pkg. pasta
  • 2 T flour
  • 2 T water
Directions
  1. Melt butter in a 4-quart saucepan; add onion and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
  2. Add chicken, carrots, parsley, tarragon and pepper; cook until chicken is lightly browned.
  3. Add 2-1/2 cups water, chicken broth and lemon juice; bring to a rapid boil.
  4. Cook pasta according to package directions.
  5. Blend flour with remaining 2 tablespoons water; gradually add flour mixture to chicken mixture, stirring until mixture is smooth and thickened.
I would suggest adding more salt if desired, as well as other spices. I've added more pepper, basil, Italian seasoning, etc., with success. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...