Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 6 red potatoes, rinsed and cubed
- 2 T butter
- ~1/3 cup milk
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- Put potatoes into a medium-sized pot; cover with cold water.
- Bring potatoes and water to boil over medium-high/ high heat; boil for 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender (check for tenderness at 10 minutes, reduce heat to medium)
- Drain water from pot using a colander; put potatoes back into pot.
- Add butter and start stirring/mashing potatoes with wooden spoon.
- As butter melts, add milk slowly while continuing to mash potatoes.
- When butter, milk, and potatoes are combined, add garlic powder; continue to mash until potatoes reach desired consistency.
If you desire to make more, use a bigger pot to accommodate more potatoes.