- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 11/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (about 4-5)
If you like nuts/are not allergic to them, you may add 1/2 cup of walnuts to the dry mixture before combining. Dredging the nuts in the mixture will help them to not sink to the bottom of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan (or mini-loaf pans).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas, vanilla, and vinegar until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan (until about 2/3 full)
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes (for 9x5; check at 45 for smaller loaf pans), until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Icing (Okay, so I know that this will sound really weird, but just trust me)
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- powdered sugar
- Combine butter with enough powdered sugar and water to make a thin-ish icing. Spread over warm banana bread.
Remember, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me! :)